Films have power. They create conversation. They reveal truths. They inspire. But for far too long, Hollywood has told only half the story: what is missing are the stories of women as change agents and heroes in their own right.
For the fourth year, Barnard College, the most sought-after women’s college in the nation, will celebrate women’s leadership both on and off-screen at the Athena Film Festival, scheduled to take place from February 6-9, 2014.
The Festival aims to expand the definition of what it means to be a female leader, highlighting the many ways that women can and do make a difference. The weekend program exhibits a wide range of cinema including Academy Award-nominated films, top tier features, documentaries, and shorts. The Festival’s audiences are invited to engage in conversations with directors, writers, and producers that challenge convention and examine leadership with a new lens.
Submissions are now open for the Athena Film Festival. They will be accepted until September 15.
We are looking for documentaries, features and shorts that:
* Reveal the diverse narratives of women leaders from all walks of life—narratives of ambition, courage, strength and resilience.
* Showcase women leaders who help us interpret the reality of the modern world—captivating stories of truth, determination, innovation and vision.
* Highlight the talents of emerging artists — capturing a new generation’s take on what truly makes exemplary women leaders.
Important Information To Keep in Mind:
* All films must feature a female in a leadership position at the center of the story.
* Films may be directed by a person or people of any gender.
***** Films that are directed by women but do not focus on female leadership will not be considered.*****
If you are interested in submitting your film to the Athena Film Festival, please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
* A brief synopsis of the film and any relevant links (especially trailers)
* Type of film: documentary, feature, or short.
* Running time, country of origin and language of film.
* Year the film was made.
* Type and date of release (if applicable)
* Names of film festivals or other venues your film has been shown (if applicable)
* Contact information: Name, email, address, phone number and Skype.
* Rights Holder Information: Name, email, address, phone number and Skype. (if it is different from the contact information)
If your film falls into the festival criteria and we would like to watch your film for potential inclusion in the festival, you will be contacted.
Please do not contact us.
Submissions need to be on DVD (in NTSC format) or available online (with no password expiration date.)
Submission deadline: September 15, 2013
For all questions contact: email@example.com